City Youth Match Reports 6th October 2019

See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

Please note Managers will not be chased for their reports, there are now too many teams, if managers would like their report included then please text to Terry by the Sunday evening deadline.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports 6th October 2019


In a League Cup match were the STACY 17 Girls and they beat Flitwick Eagles Whites 14-0 with Emma Judd leading the way with five goals. The other goalscorers were Sophie Veal 2, Kate Weaver 2, Mia Pinkham 2 Jess Simpson, Anna Gifford and Katie Holder. The player of the match went to Maz Horne-Batet who helped to setup 4 of the goals with some fine passing.

Away to Bedwell Rangers Comets Girls saw the STACY 14 Girls North lose 4-3 in the League Cup following a very exciting end to end match. Scoring all three goals for the North was the dynamic Sarah Jane-Spears.

Missing four key players were the STACY 14 Girls South as they played away to a very strong Chorleywood Common Girls Pumas team in the League Cup and by the final whistle the South Girls found themselves losing heavily to the Pumas.

Scoring for the 14 Girls was Jemima Avery whilst Mia Simmonds picked up the player of the match award.

Also, in the 1st round of the League Cup were the STACY 13 Girls South and they played away to Wormley Rovers Girls Robins and the match finished at 0-0 after full time and so to extra time where the 13 Girls South took hold of the game to run out 2-0 winners. Scoring those goals in extra time were Stella Ekblad-Piscitelli and Elisa Hebblewaite who was also named as player of the match.

Another match in the HGPL League saw the STACY 12 Girls North take on Evergreen Youth Girls Eagles at home and the young Saints romped to an easy win by eleven goals to nil. Leading the way was player of the match Scarlett Robb with 5 whilst Michelle Lam scored a great hat-trick. There were further goals from Esme Dickson, Emily Edgecombe and a stunning strike from Honey Seabrook which was her first goal for the team.

The STACY 12 Girls Wildcats lost 3-1 away to Berkhamsted Raiders Girls Red in the League cup with Daisy Harris scoring the only goal for the Wildcats whilst being named as player of the match for them was Poppy Williams-Leung.

In the Purple division saw the STACY 11 Girls Central play away to London Lions Ladies and scoring the goals for the young Saints were Alicia Gibson 2, Emily Ball 2, Lauren Vinney and Roisin Cullen whilst Aoife Flanagan picked up the player of the match award.

In the Lilac division of the HGPL were the STACY 11 Girls North and they were away at Berkhamsted Raiders Girls Blue and being named player of the match in this evenly contested game was Aimee Chapman.

The STACY 11 Girls Wildcats were also playing away against a strong team from Ickenham Youth Girls in the Violet division and scoring a goal apiece for the Wildcats were Chloe Nuttall, Konni Hobbs and Ottilie Haylett. Picking up the player of the match title was the strong defender Zara Millar and certainly nothing got past her.

Playing a friendly were the STACY 10 Girls Wildcats and their opponents were the STACY 10 Girls Central and scoring a few goals for the Wildcats were Lizzie Baylis with a superb hat-trick whilst Evie Dullaghan-Stone netted a fine brace.

The STACY 8 Girls Romans play in the Pink division of the HGPL and they had a home match against the Garston Ladies Jaguars and there were plenty of goals in this match. Scoring for the Romans were Nadeen Kelifa-Young with four goals whilst Amelia Folis scored a hat-trick and both Evie Bournoti and Grace Fergie scored one apiece.

Isabelle Habbouchi and Jessica Kutcher scored one goal each for the STACY 8 Girls Central as they played away to Chorleywood Common Girls Leopards in a Pink division match whilst being named player of the match was Francesca Avila.




At home to Bengeo Tigers Sabres were the 8 East and scoring goals for the young Saints were James Griffiths with one whilst Sebastian Drummond scored a excellent brace.

Playing Welwyn Pegasus Cobalts at home saw the 8 South score three goals and they were scored by Vihaan Abeyrathna, Finley Cullen plus one own goal. All having a good time in goal as they took it in turn between the sticks were Jonah Herron, Oscar Thomas, William Brown and Vihaan Abeyrathna.

Birthday boy Dylan Jones scored a fine goal for the 8 Romans in their away match with Bury Rangers Whites whilst George Cullum scored two more goals in a Silver fixture.

The 8 West played Wheathampstead Wanderers Tigers away and the young Saints scored three goals in this end to end Green division league game with Seth Keaveny, Leo Robinson and Archie Brown scoring one goal apiece.

The 9 Lions took part in a match between the big cats as they played at home to Bengeo Bengals Tigers in a Green division fixture with the Lions finding the back of the net with goals from Joshua Jury, Joshua Reynolds and Finlay Maguire whilst the man of the match went to the hard working midfielder Matthew Denning.

At home to Watton Youth Dragons were the 9 South and Toby Thompson scored a fine brace during the first half whilst Evan Love scored a second goal with the Dragons also finding the back of the net a few times themselves. The man of the match went to the hard-tackling defender Rory Saunders.

Taking part in a high scoring match were the 9 Titans against the Bedwell Rangers Roma away and during the game saw Remy Bustamante score a superb hat-trick whilst both William Hart and Noah Devine scored one goal each.

The 9 Tigers were in a roaring mood with their match with Bury Rangers Blues and scoring some goals for the roaring Tigers were T. Claydon 2, George Lim 2, Ewan Wise 2 and Joe Neal.




The 18 West took part in a real exciting match in which eleven goals were scored and in the end, it was the West who came out on top with a 6-5 victory over Croxley Green Black. Scoring the goals for the Saints were Gideon Rowland 2, Adam Sharkey 2, William Skinner and Nick Curtis. 

In the County Cup saw the 18 East going in at the break 2-0 down to Welwyn Pegasus but in the second period Welwyn rattled in another six more to win 8-0. It could have been more but for man of the match stand-in keeper Samuel 'Mervyn Day' Parker.

Playing FC Hemel at home saw the 16 Boreal snatch a 1-0 win with a late goal from Harry Sweetman whilst Jack Carmichael was voted man of the match.

The 16 South had an away game at Berkhamsted Raiders Blue and the match finished all square at 1-1 with Charlie Moore scoring the South's equalizing goal whilst Charlie Bennett was named as man of the match.

In the WHYL Senior League Cup were the 15 South and they played away to Little Gaddesden and by the final whistle the South had recorded a 2-1 victory. Scoring the goals for the South were Mackenzie Gibson and Louis Warren.

The 15 East lost 1-0 at home in division 3 of WHYL to Nascot Wood Rangers with the man of the match going to Kashin Selvarajah.

The 15 West played away to Harpenden Colts Cyclones and after a very tight game the West eventually lost 4-3 with goals from Finn Geoghegan, Alex Maiden and J. Henry-Yeo whilst Charlie Gadeside was named as man of the match.

The 14 West drew 1-1 at home to Bushey & Oxhey Cobras with a goal from Theo Robinson and a man of the match performance from defender James Evans.

Both the 14 Orient and 14 Central lost 9-1 respectively to Harpenden Colts Hornets and Kinsbourne Youth with Jensen Dean scoring for the Orient and man of the match Barnaby Chaudry for the Central. Also being named man of the match for Central was George Milne.

The 14 Boreal were a goal down against Harpenden Colts Spitfires but they hit back to go on and win 3-2 with goals from Jackson McArthur, Ali Nawar and Hamza Randani and they could have added another goal, but Ali Nawar saw his spot kick saved. The man of the match went to midfielder Max Fearey.

In the Challenge Cup were the 13 Central and their opponents were Watford Sports who just a bit to strong for Central as they went on to win 6-1. Scoring the consolation goal for Central was Roake Silcox with both Tom Denial and Oliver Chisholm being named man of the match.

Away to Watford Town saw the 13 West record a fantastic 10-0 victory in the Challenge Cup with both Jasper Button and Kye Stevens scoring a hat-trick each. The other goals came from Josh Ladyman, Dylan Martin, Casey Fletcher and Charlie Rose whilst Matthew Gosling picked up the man of the match award.

Also, in the Challenge Cup were the 13 Dragons and they were away to Colney Heath Magpies and eventually the Dragons went down 5-0. The man of the match was awarded to Alfie Kennedy.

The 12 Gladiators were playing Letchworth Eagles Gold in the County Cup and the Gladiators put up a strong shield wall to go on and win 10-0. Scoring the goals for the Gladiators were Samuel Philpot 3, Frankie Coleman 2, Archie Leggatt-Martin 2, Jacob Standing, Vincento Di Girgenti and Kaden Rajkhumar. The man of the match was awarded to the midfield general Christopher Dattubo.

 Also picking up a huge win were the 12 Orient who were away to Berkhamsted Raiders and at the final whistle the young Saints had won by eleven goals to nil (11-0). Finding the back of the net were Joshua Kane, Alfie Long and Oscar Pawley and all three of them scored a glorious hat-trick each. Scoring the final two goals was Morgan Francis with neat brace.

In division 5 of the WHYL saw the 12 West play away to Echoes Orange and after a tight first half the West raced away to score four goals and win 4-1 with both Alex Evershed and Evan Reid scoring two goals apiece.




In the County Cup saw the 18 Central take a ten-minute lead when Myles Donkin headed the ball home following a Matt Roome corner kick in their match with Tring Athletic Red but Tring equalized before the break and then went on to win the match 4-1.

The 16 East lost 6-0 away to Harvesters South whilst the 14 South went down 6-2 at home to Whetstone Pumas.

In the Red division of the WFL league saw the 13 Orient take on the league leaders the Oaklands Wolves and the Orient put the Wolves to the sword with a fantastic team performance which resulted in a 5-1 victory. Scoring the goals was Alex Hails with two, one each from either foot, whilst there were further goals from Tomer Cohen, Oscar Noble and Dina Gusev all with some cool finishing. The man of the match went to Bertie Postema who drove his team on from the midfield.

The 13 Spartans certainly lived up to their name with a solid attacking performance with a 11-4 victory away at London Colney Colts and that man again Dewayne Mitchell was up in front with a superb hat-trick and he also picked up the man of the match award as well. Also scoring 3 goals was Luca Castaldo with both Zevik Cowell and Felix Mensah scoring two goals apiece whilst Cristian Harvey netted one.

In the County Cup saw the 12 Victoria go 1-0 up after only two minutes play against Colney Heath Magpies with a excellent finish from Aidan Keigher and although Aaron Holsborough added a second goal it was the Magpies who made it through to the 2nd round with a 4-2 win. 

Another team playing Oaklands Wolves were the 11 West and this was an away game in the Red division of WFL with Lennon McKessick scoring for the West whilst Conor Dwyer picked up the man of the match title.

Bailey Fennel and Ollie both scored two goals each for the 10 Centurions in their match with APB FC Barnet Raiders whilst being named as man of the match was Keon Stapleton.

Man, of the match Elliot Theobald scored a goal for the 10 East as did Callum Dunlop as they played HGS Academy Rebels at home.



Hornchurch 2 v 3 St Albans City FC

Di Trolio, 1’
Machen 4’
Eames-Illingworth 38’

Windy conditions throughout this game always threatened to play a part and indeed it did.

City started the game at a tremendous pace immediately on the front foot, and playing through the nervy Hornchurch defence. Within a minute city took the lead when an excellent corner from Eames-Illingworth was eventually scrambled in by Di Trolio. Soon city was 2 up when Machin fired in after good work and a neat pass by freestone. Perfect start.

At this stage it looked like city were on course for a resounding victory as they continued to threaten, however it wasn’t to be, and the hosts started to get a grip of the game. The rest of the half was a physical struggle between both teams with no further chances until the 38’ minute.

City played got the ball down and played from back to front in seconds, ultimately getting a corner from the left. Eames-Illingworth struck it at head height with some venom and it flew straight in.
HT 3-0 city

The 2nd half was a difficult one for city, the hosts stepped up their physical approach and the wind was straight into the faces of the city defence,  as a result Hornchurch had much more of the ball and were creating chances.

On 55 minutes the hosts got a goal back when a well struck free kick , supported by a swirling wind deceived our keeper and managed to go in. 3-1.

At this stage it looked like a comeback was on, but a resolute defence and midfield really stepped up, displaying wonderful attitude and city were battling their way to victory.

The game was drifting to full time, when with 2 minutes left the hosts managed to get their second. However the kitchen sink never arrived from the hosts and city were deserved winners in the end.