NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change your browser settings, then you agree to the use of cookies

I understand


City Youth Match Reports 5th January 2020

See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

Please note Managers will not be chased for their reports, there are now too many teams, if managers would like their report included then please text to Terry by the Sunday evening deadline.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 5th January 2020


The 10 Girls played a friendly at home against Hitchin Belles and it was good to see the continued growth and improvement in all the players. Following some excellent play saw Olivia Wood and player of the match Demi Hall both score hat-tricks apiece whilst Alexa Johnson netted one. Both Charlotte Luckhurst and Olivia Wood played plus well done to Alice Taylor and Jessica Reeve who stepped up to take turns to even the numbers up by playing for Hitchin.

Playing a friendly were the 9 South and their opponents were Watton Dragons and man of the match Evan Love scored three goals whilst Hugo Perez-Landgrove slammed home another goal following a well taken corner kick by William Galilee.




In division 2 saw the 18 West play away to Harpenden Colts Whitecaps and the Saints finally went onto win 4-1 with two goals from Nick Curtis plus one apiece from Gideon Rowland and Kishan Dhivar.

In the Junior League Cup at home were the 18 East and they found themselves 1-0 down at half time but in the second period saw them create a hat full of chances which they failed to take but then in the last fifteen minutes they hit two goals to go on and win 2-1. Scoring the goals were Freddie Radavanovic and Jodi Sheridan.

In the quarter-final of the Senior League Cup saw the 16 Boreal go do down 2-1 away to Sarratt Rebels with Tom Randall scoring the Boreal goal whilst Nathaniel Olayomi was named man of the match.

The 16 South played Harpenden Colts Falcons away in the quarter-final of the Intermediate Cup and after only two minutes play, they found themselves 1-0 down to disputed penalty and the South after this struggled to get back into the game. In the second half it was a different story as they hit back with Charlie Moore hitting a fine equalizing goal. The South dominated the second period but the Colts keeper them in the game with a string of fine saves. With about 15 minutes to saw Owen Wiseman head the winning goal following a corner kick for the South to win 2-1. Captain Sam Hicks was a constant threat throughout the match and so he well deserved his man of the match title.

The 15 South drew 1-1 at home to Sarratt Rebels with Charlie Johnson scoring the equalizing goal for the South midway through the second half.

Away to EB Lions in the challenge cup were the 15 East and after taking a 4-0 lead at half time saw then eventually finish up winning the match by nine goals to nil. Scoring the goals were Nick Berman with a hat-trick whilst there were six players all scoring one goal each and they were Samuel Boca-Mapp, Callum Maquire, James Nash, Joe Poulton, Henry Thomas and George Wilson which sees him scoring for the 8th match in a row. The man of the match went Charlie O'Toole.

Away to Kings Langley Blue in division 4 of the WHYL were the 15 West and following a entertaining match which saw seven goals being scored saw the 15 West just nicked it with a 4-3 victory with Finn Geoghegan scoring a hat-trick. Scoring the fourth goal was man of the match Mason Kerr.

In yet another high scoring game saw the 14 Central play Wheathampstead Wanderers Pumas away and although the Central scored four goals they eventually went down 5-4. Both Oliver Taylor and Rafael Hickson scored two goal each whilst Max McAuliffe was named as man of the match.

In the County Cup saw the 14 West take on Hemel Aces and the West had 5 of their main players missing from the squad and at half time they found themselves losing 1-0. In the second half though Archie Connolly scored following a corner kick to make it 1-1 and then Ben Mitchell with a fine curling cross-cum-shot made it 2-1 and although Hemel tried to hit back the defence held firm and now move onto the quarter-finals. The man of the match went to Dylan Doyle.

Freddie Roe scored 14 Victoria's goal in a 1-1 draw at home to Evergreen Wolves whilst Ed Askam picked up the man of the match award.

The 14 Boreal lost heavily away to Cassiobury Rangers Blue with Jackson McArthur for Boreal being named as man of the match for them.

At home to Oxhey Jets were 13 Arrows and their quiver remained full as they only scored one goal and so they had to settle for a 1-1 draw with Leon Negus-Roman being the only one to find the target and Innes Diggen-Wilson picking up the man of the match title.

The Sarratt Rebels who were at home to the 13 West saw them put down the uprising with the West scoring seven goals to win 7-2 and scoring these goals were Josh Ladyman 2, Jasper Button 2, Casey Fletcher, Thomas Kirby and Charlie Rose who was also man of the match. It was a tight game early on but in the second half saw the West dominate the match and score some great goals.

In the challenge cup saw the 12 Gladiators play Herons at home and the Gladiators made sure they took centre stage in the arena with a 7-1 victory. Man, of the match Leon Rainey scored 2 goals along with Archie Leggat-Martin and Vincenzo Girgenti who both hit a brace each whilst Amiar Villanueva-Garcia got one.

At home to Hemel Youth Green were the 12 Centurions and they had a good 6-1 win with Jayden Nevers-Wright scoring four excellent goals whilst both Noah West and Simba Mudziviri scored one apiece.

The 12 Romans had no such luck against Bushey Oxhey Piranhas as the lost by quite a few goals with man of the match Charlie Yeo scoring both of the Romans goals.

The 12 Orient played the 12 South away and won 3-0 with Morgan Francis scoring a fine brace and Oscar Pawley scoring the third goal with Jack Small being named man of the match.

Although the 12 West found the back of the net three times with two goals from Lewis Cleaton and one from Matthew Ridgeway, they still lost 8-3 away to Berkhamsted Raiders Black whilst Nick Evershed was named man of the match for the 12 West.




The 18 Central were away to Whetstone Wanderers Lions in the White division of the WFL and the hosts Whetstone could only start with 10 players and after a few injuries in the first half saw them go down to 8 so the 18 Central took off their stronger players and played with 8 as well which was very sporting of them. At half time the Central team were 8-0 up and in the second period saw them win this as well 2-1 to win the match finally 10-1. Scoring the goals were Matt Roome 2, Josh Penning 2, Jonathan Hargreaves 2, Jack Percy, Callum Cornish, Daniel Onchie-Williams and Robbie Ferguson. Having assists were John McVeigh 2, Elliot Smith 2, Angelo Calatrava, Matty Bleakley, Robbie Ferguson, Matt Roome, Josh Penning and Jack Percy. Well what more can I say than wow, that is a sneaky way to get to mention the whole team but what about your Goalkeeper, Tezza asks.

The 13 Spartans lost 1-0 away to Whetstone Wanderers Lions and being named man of the match for the 13 Spartans was Freddie Smith.

Away to Wingate & Finchley were the 11 West and scoring a goal apiece for them were Jack Burke and Conor Dwyer whilst Kyle Lloyd was named man of the match. Also having a good game were the dynamic brothers Lennon and Harvey McKessick.