NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change your browser settings, then you agree to the use of cookies

I understand


City Youth Match Reports 19 May 2019


See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 19th May 2019


The Under 12 ORIENT finished off a brilliant season on a high note with a comfortable 5-2 win away at HGS Academy.  Another cracker from Bertie Postema got the team back on level terms after HGS had taken a surprise 1-0 lead. Goals from Ollie Jay, Harry Rumble and and two from Oscar Noble secured another three points and means the team now wins this competitive White division in the WFL by an impressive 7 point margin.  Adam Oldfield playing in his last match after 5 years service with the Orient was man of the match for a typical all action and committed display.

P      W       D      L      GF     GA     GD      PTS.

22     18       3      1      85       30    +55       57   

Leading league goalscorers Ollie Jay and Oscar Noble both on 19 goals each whilst Alex Hails is on 14.


City Youth FC Under 13 West faced Sun Sports Blue in the Intermediate Cup Final

West, having finished runners up in division 2 to Sun Sports Blue by 2 points where keen to finish the season with some silverware and stop Sun Sports doing the double.

The game started at a great pace with West having a lot of the ball, when Sun Sports did have the ball West pressed well as a team to win the ball back. Sun Sports keeper playing his last game before joining Watford Academy was on fine form snuffing out any through balls that his defence missed. With Sun Sports having no joy in midfield they opted to go long with their keeper almost hitting Wests penalty area, but Lenny Brandon and Archie Connolly playing at the back were a wall that could not be breached, 0-0 at halftime. 

In the 2nd half West started to dominate with several chances once again being thwarted by Sun Sports keeper, a free kick swung in by Ben Mitchel with Charlie Clark getting on the end of it at the back post was meet by the keeper at full stretch. Extra time was starting to edge closer when another long ball was sent over the top this time Lenny Brandon put his foot through the ball and almost caught the keeper out with him just tipping it over the bar, West had themselves a corner, with 3 minutes left on the clock the ball was swung and landed at the feet of Charlie CLARK who rifled in a low shot in to the far corner to start the celebrations, West had a chance to add a 2nd as Sun Sports pushed forward in the dying minutes of time added on.

Final score 1-0 to West. It was one of the best team performances of the season and would be difficult to award MOM.

The Hertfordshire Development League Under 9 White League Cup Final

St Albans City 9 South v Wheathampsted 9 Pumas. Playes at the County Ground, Letchworth

Score - 2 - 3 (AET)

This final lived up to the close encounters the teams had fought out in their league meetings earlier in the season. The first quarter was a cagey affair with both teams creating chances. Nathaniel Faldo made 2 excellent saves for City to keep the Pumas at bay until just before the break when a corner was converted to give the Pumas the lead.

City started the second quarter with great intent and camped out in the Pumas half. After a lot of pressure Julian JORDAN skillfully blasting home the equaliser from the edge of the area. Two minutes later Finlay SEABROOK broke free in midfield and drove forward slotting the ball into the Pumas goal to give City a 2-1 lead.

The 3rd quarter was an end to end battle but Harry Mayhew,  Oliver Sanders and Lucas Thomas in the City defence calmly dealt with the pressure.

The final quarter followed a similar pattern, City pushed forward with Fin Henry working hard and creating some good chances but sadly the ball just wouldn't go in to extend City's lead. Then on the break the Pumas sneaked an equaliser forcing extra time.

City continued to work hard with Will Maiella and Ashden Balding driving City forward but they just couldn't sneak the ball over the line. Instead the Pumas did manage to get a 3rd goal. City battled hard to the end with Finlay Seabrook and Sofiane Benadoud both having chances but it just wasn't to be. Extra time ended with City going down 3-2. A sad ending but a fantastic performance, with the better team unfortunately coming out losers on an excellent occasion. But the boys have vowed to come back stronger next season.