NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change your browser settings, then you agree to the use of cookies

I understand


City Youth Match Reports 21st April 2019


See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 21st April 2019



The 18's EJA were at home at Clarence Park to Barton Rovers EJA and the visitors nearly took the lead early on when Kane O'Neill burst clear into the box but Sam Galatis was quick off his line to block the goal-bound shot with an outstretched leg and the loose ball was eventually cleared away. For the City saw Dan Banerjee go close with a header at the far post following an Ed Mann free kick. 

 Then Barton Rovers scored two goals in the space of five minutes and what crackers they were with firstly Rico GRECO striking a shot from the edge of the box into the top left corner giving Sam Galatis no chance to make a save. Then an even better effort from way out on the left wing saw Hassan ABBAS hit a stunning shot into the far-right corner with Galatis just rooted to his line watching the ball as it whizzed past him and into the back of the net.

For the Saints saw Billy have a hard low drive palmed away by the Barton Rovers custodian whilst Billy Owen who looked like he beat the offside trap saw his lob over the keeper strike the face of the crossbar and rebound back out but alas if it had gone in it would have been disallowed with the linesman flag going up as he touched the ball, the chance came about after a through ball from Kwon Hepburn.

In the second period the 18's EJA hit back with a stunning goal themselves when BRAD SIMM from 30 yards struck an awesome strike which beat the Barton keeper all hands up as it flew into the back of the net like a rocket making the score now 2-1. The young Saints put the pressure on now for an equaliser with first Billy Owen having a header saved at the back post following a good ball over from Nick Ralfe and then Earl Atat swept the ball low across the box from the left which saw 3 City players fail to get a touch to put it for that vital equaliser  but in the end it just would not come and so the score remained at a 2-1 win for Barton.

The 16's EJA were at home to Cheshunt 16's EJA with the match being played at Colney Heath FC and despite a bright start which saw Bradley Young head just over after a Ben Kirby corner kick and then Jamie Willing put over a deep cross from the right into the box saw the Cheshunt custodian just in time get his hands to the ball and push it away as Bradley Young closed.

 Then following a well worked free kick at the other end saw Mark STEPHENSON tap the ball home from close range to make it 1-0 to the visitors. Just before the break Bradley Young had a stinging shot tipped around the post for a corner kick which saw Ben Weyman take and he hit the ball low across the box for BRADLEY YOUNG to sweep it low into the back of the for a great finish.

Into the second half Jack McShane (not Jack McShea as in the St Albans City programme) went close with a hook shot after a good ball to from Bradley Young and then Cheshunt went very close with a couple of efforts before they finally retook the lead. Josh ASIEDU cut in from the right wing and struck a low shot towards the far corner and although Billy Thomson got a hand to it he could not stop it going in. The Saints went very close to scoring an equalizing goal when Ben Weyman setup Bradley Young whose cracking cross-cum-shot flew only inches wide of the far upright. Cheshunt though went even further in front when following a low cross from the right left Sean BARWUAH with a simple tap in and then it became 4-1 to Cheshunt when Emanuel MAKAYA hit a 25 yard shot with such pace that it flew into the back of net with Billy Thomson wondering what it was that flew past him. 

Ben Weyman then went close a couple of times as the young Saints tried to pull as least one goal back and his first effort went just over the bar whilst his fine second shot was well saved by the Cheshunt keeper. Too many Easter Eggs over the weekend I think, still I saved on Mars Bars this time as this was not a good performance from the 16's EJA.



The 16 East played away at Tornado JSC in division 2 and with a very much experimental team saw them hit back from being 2-0 down to make it 2-2 after a very close game but in the end the hosts had just the edge and scored another two goals for the 16 East to eventually lose 4-2. Scoring the East's 2 goals was their man of the match Charlie Barnett who was literally everywhere on the pitch.

The 13 Victoria move into 3rd place in division one of the WHYL after they beat Bushey & Oxhey away 6-2 with Ashton Latter scoring two of the goals whilst there were further goals from Kayan Joseph, Ollie Mullen, Victor Nicolas and plus one from man of the match Calvin Wyatt. The 13 Victoria having played 18 matches of which they have won 11, drawn 3 and lost 4 and in doing so they have scored 57 goals and conceded 33 for a total of 36 points. Kings Langley Red are in top spot on 40 points, but they have 3 games in hand on the Vics whilst the leading goalscorer for the young Saints in the league is Ashton Latter on 11 and he is closely followed by RJ on ten.



The 16 South played Harvesters North away in the Red division and despite a good performance from the young Saints after being 2-0 down saw them fight back to 2-2 but in the final 15 minutes of the match Harvesters scored another goal to win the match 3-2. Scoring the goals for the 16 South were Louis Baker-Madec and Luca De Oliveria.

Needing just one more from their last game to secure promotion after they beat Norseman 2-0 in last night's match saw the 15 East get off to a great when after only 52 seconds when Will Pearson blocks a clearance and then after controlling the ball he calmly slots the ball into the bottom corner to give the East a 1-0 lead. On 6 minutes it becomes 2-0 when Dan Gant after some lovely skills on the beat sees him beat his man and crosses the ball for Brandon Trainis to hook the ball over his shoulder and then over the Norseman keeper and into the back of the net to for it to become 2-0. On 54 minutes the Norseman won a dubious penalty, but justice was done when the resulting spot kick was blazed over the crossbar and so the East won 2-0 and so just need that one point from their last game to finish in the runners-up spot. The East have played 13 league matches of which they have won 8, drawn 2 and lost 3 with a goal tally of 35 for and 19 against with Brandon Trainis leading their league goal-scoring list with 13 goals.

The 13 South drew 1-1 away to Belstone FC with James Evans scoring the equalizing goal with a cracker in the second half.

The Woodys Wanderers Mercurials pitch as one of the largest slopes in North London and at half time it looked like it did not suit the 12 Vikings who went in at the break 1-0 down but kicking uphill in the second period it all changed as they raced away to win 4-1 with Harry Gilroy leading the way by scoring a brilliant hat-trick whilst Arlo Webb scored one.



No games this week






No games this week





FRIENDLY   21-4-19.

The 10 West played the 10 North in a friendly which saw them win 3-1 with goals from Jack Johnson who scored a fine brace whilst Will Stone got the third goal. The rest of the 10 West squad is as follows: Will Denning (GK), Oscar Roe, Glyn Howells, James Spicer-Thornton, Freddie Nelson-Thorpe, Niall Rodrigues and Rory Williams who was named man of the match.