NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change your browser settings, then you agree to the use of cookies

I understand


City Youth Match Reports 27 January 2019

See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 27th January 2019



The 8 Lions were at home to Ware Rangers Flamingos and scoring goals for the Lions were Joshua Jury, Tristan Mistry and Matthew Denning whilst there was an outstanding display from man of the match goalkeeper Benji Mellors.

In the Green Cup saw the 9 North lose 3-1 away to Bengeo Tigers Bengals which was there first cup game of the year for the North and scoring their goal was the deadly Junior Mitchell. The man of the match for the North was Ollie Robinson who did a fantastic job in goal as the team pressed forward in search of an equalizing goal.

The 9 South were away to Bury Rangers Reds in the White Cup and they won a thrilling cup match 3-2 with Fin Henry scoring two goals whilst Sofiane Benadoud scored the winner. Nathaniel Faldo produced an excellent goalkeeping display.

Following some great passing from Zak Stamp and Louis Smith helped the 9 Orient earn a great 2-2 home draw in the Black Cup at home to Bedwell Rangers Barca with goals from Billy Stone and Austin Shepherd in this superb team performance.

Away to Welwyn Pegasus Sapphires were in the 10 East and they were in the Green Cup and although Leo Hooper-Walter scored a fine equalizing goal the East eventually lost 2-1. Playing solidly in defence was David Spears for the East.

In the White Cup were the 10 North and they were playing away to Bedwell Rangers Albion which saw the North win 4-2 with Joshua Cassidy scoring a cracking opening goal whilst this was followed by two cool finishes from Eddie Johnson. The fourth goal was scored by Zak Iman which was followed by his trademark gymnastics flips.

Also scoring four goals were the 10 Orient in their Silver Cup match away at Knebworth Lynxes but the hosts also scored four so the game all square at 4-4. Scoring for the Orient were Edward Cullum and Daniel Hart both with two goals apiece.

The 10 West were in tip top form away to the 11 Welwyn Pegasus Sapphires and rattled in 6 goals to win this Green Cup game 6-1. Leading the goalscorers was the man of the match Will Stone with a brilliant five goals whilst Jack Burke scored the sixth. In the West squad were William Denning, Otis Lau-Johnston, Ollie Shadbolt, Oscar Roe, Glynn Howells, Niall Rodrigues, Conor Dwyer and Jack Johnson.

Away to Bury Rangers Red were the 11 East and scoring a fine hat-trick for the East was Vincenzo Di Girgenti whilst Danny Quinn scored one. The man of the match for the East went to Leo Rainey.

At home to Wheathampstead Wanderers Sharks were the 11 Orient and Louis Kemp scored a great goal for them plus there was dogged performance from all the team with Ned Jones the goalkeeper and Nikolai Cherniaev standing out.

In the Silver Cup saw the 11 Victoria take on Bengeo Tigers Sumartans and after a tight first half the Victoria ran-out 4-2 winners with Aidan Keigher scoring two fine goals. Scoring the other goals were Max Milton and Aaron Holsborough whilst Oscar Sheehan was named man of the match.

In a tough return match saw the 8 South take on Bury Rangers Red and scoring goals for the South were Toby Thompson, Elijah Bailey and Hugo Perez-Landrove and they were all neatly taken and finished off.



Away to Kings Langley Blues Girls saw the 17 Girls pick up a point with a 1-1 draw after they were trailing 1-0 at half time. In the second half with shot and shot going wide until Emily Sibley turned a defender and scored a lovely equalizer with a terrific drive into the top left-hand corner. The player of the match was awarded to the hard-working Melissa Trulock.

Playing away to Pro Direct Academy Herts were the 16 Girls and they turned a great team performance to win 3-0 with Katie Holder scoring two goals whilst the player of the match Bora Celia netted the third goal.

At home to Harvesters saw the 14 Girls North go down 4-1 with Esme Hume scoring the only of the match for the 14 Girls North whilst picking up the player of the match title for them was Leia Wheeler. 

Away to Harpenden Colts Cobras saw the 13 Girls North come back from being 1-0 to go on and win 3-1 with a blistering brace of goals from Viktoria Bogdanova who was denied her hat-trick later in the match when her corner kick was hacked clear off the line as the ball nearly curled in during the second half. Scoring the third goal was Blaze Wilding with a long-range curler and so this win sees the North leap frog over the 13 Girls South into second place in the table who they face in 2 weeks in a crunch match.

At half time the score was 1-1 in the Herts County Cup game between the 12 Girls North who were at home to Watford Ladies Harts but by the final whistle the Harts had sneaked to a 3-2 win with a late winner. Scoring the goals for the North were Cora Baylis and Emilie Hicks with Hannah Pope being named player of the match.

Also, in a Herts County Cup match at home were the 12 Girls South and they were playing Hitchin Belles Blues and at the break they were trailing 2-1 but despite scoring two more goals in the second half the South still lost 5-3 with them giving a battling display during this period. The goalscorers for the South were Deenah Khan with two cracking goals whilst Anna Cox scored one and being named player of the match was Florence Tatlock.

The 11 Girls Wildcats playing their 3rd match is becoming a force to be reckon with as they Meninas FC away and being named player of the match for them was Gracie Adams-Avis.

At home to Ruislip Rangers were the !0 Girls Central and scoring a fine goal for the young lady saints was Holly Green.

Next up was the 10 Girls Wildcats and they certainly lived up to their name when playing Hemel Hempstead Town Girls Red with a superb goal from Abigail Ward whilst having a great game in defence was the player of the match Gabriella Joyce.

The Garston Ladies Jaguars who were at home to the Stacy 8 Girls saw the visitors score a few goals between with the scorers being Eden Boswell 2, Rose Sharman, Annabel Latham, Lucy Leonard, Izzy Marriott and a Beckham style free kick from player of the match Eva Barenthein.



In the 3rd round of the challenge cup saw the 18 North play away to Harpenden Colts Jaguars and after a very tight match saw the North eventually win 3-2 with goals from Ben Dimmock, Jack Hughes plus one from man of the match Cameron Clark.

At home to Chorleywood Thunder were the 18 Orient and first half goals from Matt Small and Kai Takahashi gave the Orient a good 2-0 lead at half time. In the second period saw a great goal from Etienne Hayward which sealed a 3-0 victory whilst the man of the match was awarded to Tom Keating.

In a tight game in difficult conditions saw the 16 Central go a goal down after only 3 minutes following there only defensive error of the game at home to Watford Youth Sports Red. Central quickly hit back on terms with an opportunist strike from Jack Percy found the back of the net following a move started by Angelo Calatrava. The Central scored a late winner when Daniel Onochie-Williams smashed a superb long-range strike into the top of the net after a Jonathan Hargreaves throw-in. Joe Moss in goal played well along with captain Rob Brown who gave a solid defensive performance, but it was Elliot Smith who was named as man of the match after a great game at centre back, but the award could have gone to 5 or 6 players as the whole team played well.

Connor Robinson scored a consolation goal for the 16 East in their home match with Park Street Village.

Away to Hemel Youth White were the 16 West and they went onto win 6-2 with two goals from man of the match Joe Fletcher plus two goals from Millan Sanderson with both Matt Mooney and Benjy Newland finishing the scoreline with a goal apiece.

Playing Harpenden Colts Magpies away were the 16 North and it was the Magpies who stole all three points with a 6-3 win whilst scoring the goals for the North were Dan Morris, Freddie Radavanovic and Gowthaman Selvarajah.

Also scoring three goals were the 15 Boreal as they drew 3-3 at home to Sun Sports Youth Yellow and scoring for Boreal were Jack Clarke, George Hall and one from man of the match Jack O'Rahilly.

In the Senior League Cup 2nd round saw the 14 South play Chorleywood Pumas at home and it was a tight match with the South moving into the next round with a 2-1 victory. Scoring the goals for the Saints were Mackenzie Gibson and Ollie Wynne with a brilliant left shot into the bottom right hand corner.

Away to Harpenden Colts Cyclones were the 14 West and they finally lost 4-2 after the score had been 2-2 at half time with the fourth goal for the Cyclones being scored late on with a quick break as the West were looking for an equalizer. Scoring the West goals was Chester Reynolds with a excellent brace whilst Alex Maiden was named as man of the match.

The 13 Victoria were away to Berkhamsted Raiders Red in the 3rd of the Challenge Cup and after the Saints dominated the first half which saw them score 4 goals, they then went onto win by six goals to nil. Playing on a sticky muddy pitch the objective was to kill off the game early which they did and after creating several chances they scored four goals. The first goal saw Ollie Mullen hit a diagonal cross into the box for Reece Lia to control and slide the ball to Ashton Latter to tuck away from close range. Goal number two was also scored by Ashton Latter when he beat a defender before firing the ball into the far corner. The 3rd goal came about after a fabulous passing move between Archie Hobbs and Freddie Roe which saw them setup Calvin Wyatt to pass the ball calmly into the back of the net. It became 4-0 when Victor Nicolas brought a high ball down and skilfully found room to drill the ball into the bottom left corner. In the second half it became 5-0 when Freddie Roe won the ball down the right and crossed it into the box for Ashton LATTER to shoot home for a well taken hat-trick. A few minutes later it saw the scoreline increase to 6-0 when a good one-two between Archie Hobbs and Zak Davies which saw the latter strike a nice shot into the top left-hand corner from just inside the box. The defence of Martin Flore, Benjy Stone, Zak Davies, Alex Strazza and Gabriel Urhoma were solid as a rock and played well as a unit with the man of the match going to Gabriel Urhoma with many of the boys and the coaches voting for him to be the star player.  Phew I am glad that report is over!

Callum Crowther scored the consolation goal for the 13 Orient in their 6-1 defeat at home in the league by Hemel Youth White.

Meanwhile the 13 Central were in terrific form as they beat Aston Clinton Colts at home with the Saints winning 5-0 following a brilliant team display. Scoring the goals for the Central was the man of the match Sam HUNT as he struck four awesome goals whilst Matthew Penfold netted the final goal.

The 12 South dominated their Senior League Cup 1st round away at Chorleywood Eagles but they failed to take their chances and missed a penalty in the first half but by the final whistle saw the Eagles score two goals to win the game 2-0. The man of the match was shared between Max Butterworth and Ryan Kennedy for a great defensive tackling display.

At home to Croxley Green Emerald were the 12 Arrows and they were playing on a sticky muddy pitch and after a battling display saw the Arrows hit the target with two goals to progress into the next round of the Intermediate League Cup with a 2-0 win. Both goals were well worked efforts by the team, and they were scored by Johnny Bennett and Fin Murphy.

Also playing in the Intermediate League Cup saw the 12 West lose 2-0 away to Watford Youth Sports with the man of the match going to the hard-working Tommy Morgan.

The 12 Central playing away to Oxhey Jets in the Intermediate Cup lost 6-1 with Stephen Tchoudi scoring a fine consolation goal for Central and it was cracker whilst picking up the man of the match award was Josh White. 

In division 4 of the WHYL saw the 12 Dragons get beaten 4-1 by Harpenden Colts Tigers with Michael Napier scoring the Dragons only goal of the match with the man of the match going to Steven Jacobs.



The 16 South were at home to 100% Soccer School in the Spring Cup and they took a 1-0 lead at half time with a goal from Adam Robinson. In the second period the man of the match Louis Baker-Madec scored a tremendous second goal for the South with a 35-yard shot that flew over the visitor’s keeper head and under the crossbar and into the back of the net to make it 2-0. Kyle Rogers scored a third goal with a low shot into the bottom right corner for the 16 South to make the final score 3-0 to the 16 South.

The 15 North were at home to the Norseman and they finally picked up a league win and it was a good one at that when they defeated the Norseman 6-1. Scoring for the 15 North were man of the match Tyler Cadiou-McCarthy with a brilliant hat-trick whilst Matthew Radelat. Mahin Miah and Shay Cassidy all scored one each in this excellent team performance. Come on Alison you can smile now. 

At home to Oaklands Wolves White saw the 14 East roar into a three-goal lead with goals from Joe Poulton, Alejandro Wood and George Wilson but those pesky Wolves hit back with two goals to make it 3-2 at half time. In the second half the Wolves really showed their fangs and scored another 3 goals to go on and win 5-3. The East tried to hit back, and man of the match centre half Matthew Evans went really close, but he saw well struck long range strike blocked by the Wolves keepers legs on the line. Also going close was James Nash and his fierce low drive whistled past the near post by only a couple of inches. The East goalkeeper Matthew McCree also had a good game between the sticks. 

Away to Omonia Youth Green were the 12 Orient and following a tight game saw Ollie Jay open the scoring with a great finish to put them 1-0 up. Scoring another 2 goals was man of the match Oscar Noble with his first one being a real cracker whilst his second came about after a five man move with a slick finish to put the Orient 3-0 up but Omonia pulled one back late on to make the final score 3-1. A special mention must go to Harry Rumble who gave a superb game in goal which saw him make some wonderful saves during the second half.

The 12 Spartans played Hendon United away and after a high scoring game in which nine goals were scored saw the Spartans form a good shield wall to win 6-3 with their top striker Dewayne Mitchell hitting five glorious goals to take his tally for the season to 24. Scoring the Spartans sixth goal was their man of the match and recent signing Adam Jeddad.

Away to Boreham Wood Crusaders saw the 12 Vikings having to burn their boats but it proved not to be enough as the Crusaders went onto score five goals to win 5-1 with Max Winders scoring the consolation goal for the Vikings late on.



The 14 EJA put their last two results behind them which were two losses against Cheshunt, the first in the county cup and the second in the EJA challenge cup but the 14 EJA put that right with a cracking 2-1 win away to Ware in the EJA league. The first goal was a great strike from PEREZ WATERBERG which put them 1-0 up at half time following a fine team move. In the second period PEREZ WATERBERG scored another excellent goal when he cut on from the right and found the top corner with a brilliant volley.

At home to Hemel EJA were the 16 EJA and they quickly found themselves 1-0 down when Jordan PARKES but it was not long before the Saints equalized when BRADLEY YOUNG struck the ball after a good flowing move. BEN WAYMAN put the Saints 2-1 up with a 30-yard strike before BRADLEY YOUNG made it 3-1 with his second goal after good work from Ollie Seeby. BENNY STACEY got a 4th goal for the 16 EJA following a Joe Vance cross but Hemel scored a late consolation goal through Seb DROZD to make the final score 4-2 to the Saints.

In the County Cup saw the 18 EJA play away to Ware Youth in difficult windy conditions on a heavy pitch saw the 18 EJA take the lead when Nathan Hossen found BILLY OWEN who finished in the bottom corner for the breakthrough. The Saints continued to make chances with Jamie Armstrong, Max Hodgson and James Lawrence all going close, but the score remained at 1-0 at half time. Following another attack saw NICHOLAS RALFE break free in the box and with a calm finish saw him make it 2-0. Ware pulled a goal back with a shot that Sam Galatis could only parry. After another slick move saw Nicholas Ralfe beat three defenders before he found JAMES LAWRENCE who fired home with a fine right shot to make it 3-1.  Billy Owen received the ball just outside the D and he quickly found NATHAN HOSSEN coming in from the left and with a right foot shot he made it 4-1. With five minutes to go Ryan Orde won a header which found BILLY OWEN and he instantly drove the ball into the left corner to make the final score 5-1.