Managers Meeting 30th eptember 2018
Held at The Scout Hut, Riverside Road, St Albans
The full list of meeting attendees is included in the PDF version which can be downloaded here >
Business Managers Report
Press Secretaries Report
Date of Next Meeting
Secretaries Report – Ian Woods
- Can managers please ensure that they know the format of how to submit results (structure of results cards etc)
- Club registration: An email should have been sent out to all managers highlighting which players are yet to pay their fees
- Some respect barriers seem to have gone missing from Highfield Park. If anybody has seen them/moved them then please contact Ian
- There is now a Coffee van on Sunday's at Highfield Park, the club are looking into providing a similar service on Saturdays
- (Jon Cassidy bought a box of footballs donated from Coerver - any remaining after the meeting will go to Highfield Park)
- We believe the FA full time system is now up and running successfully. If anybody still has any issues, then please contact Ian
- Nicholas Breakspear have arranged with contract providers Replay to fix all goal repairs in the near future.
Treasurer’s Report – Robert Baker
Any questions on this section email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If anybody is still having problems with expenses for the new season then please get in contact with Robert.
- Can managers please ask for their referee fees in bulk (monthly) rather than weekly as it's quicker to pay out.
- For payments, can managers please try to send money through an online bank transfer rather than cheques. If you need to pay in a cheque to the club then give them to Ian Woods.
- If anybody hasn't been emailed the spreadsheet of players who haven't paid then please contact Ian Woods
- If there are any further issues regarding registration payments, please contact Neil Sweeney
Business Manager Report – Laurence Wilson
Any questions on this section email Laurence.email@example.com
- Wildcats - Around 30 girls have now booked on to the FA Wildcats Sessions at Nicholas Breakspear on Saturday mornings, this covers girls from school Year 1 to Year 6.
- Young Saints Scheme - For up to U16s. St Albans City have supplied sticker books, with a young saint’s membership card & a free introductory pack of stickers. The card allows them free entry to 6 league games, with accompanying adult paying reduced rate. Players can collect stickers at games to fill up the sticker book. An email has been sent to all teams explaining so, I will be arranging with teams to drop off their sticker books.
- STACY are advertising for a community coach to work at some of the lunch time/after school clubs that the club run. The candidate should ideally be 18+. For more information, please contact Laurence Wilson.
- For equipment/kit orders, please give the suppliers as much notice as possible.
- Youth Council - Chris Samways has sent out an email with regards to creating to the previously mentioned Youth Council. If managers are interested, they should reply directly to Chris with their chosen Player.
- Laurence Wilson is taking on some of the health and safety roles at the club - if you need to renew DBS certificates, Safeguarding or First Aid qualifications then please do so.
- If teams are interested in providing a guard of honour/player mascots for a St Albans City FC match, please contact Phil Coates.
- Football non-league day is also City Youth Day at Clarence Park on 13th October, all Under 16 players (in City Youth Tops) will be allowed free entry.
Press Secretaries Report
- A few squad lists are still yet to be sent in, these teams will be 'named and shamed' at the next meeting if they aren't sent over this month.
- West Herts Youth League had a column of their own in the Herts Ad last week, the teams in these reports will change each week.
- Happy 70th birthday.
- U8 Lions: They have now played three league matches as a team, they had a tough start but have since built in confidence. They recently played U8 South in a friendly match which benefitted both teams.
- U10 Orient: Played their first four games as a team this year. They lost their first couple of matches but have won the last two. The boys are enjoying themselves so far.
- U10 North: The general atmosphere of the Herts Development League so far has been great, far less problems than faced in the Mid Herts.
- U10 East: The Herts Development League has been positive overall so far. The leagues need rebalancing, but this should take place soon, the power play rule hasn't always proved beneficial so far.
- U12 Vikings: The Watford Friendly League at Under 12 level starts the season by running a 'League Cup' where all sides are mixed around. U12 Vikings have had one big win and two big defeats so far. The divisions are currently being set up, if teams aren't happy then please get in contact with the league secretary.
- U14 EJA: Thanks to everybody who has supported the team so far in their journey into the Eastern Junior Alliance. Laurence Wilson is now coaching the team on Monday evenings. They have won all three league matches so far, all in the final minutes - there has been considerable parent support to ensure the team is running successfully.
- U18 Girls: The team have been struggling for numbers recently and are looking for players. If anybody knows of girls that are interested, please contact Stuart Fuller.
- U18 North: Good start to the season so far. The team have won three and drawn one match and are top of the league.
- U18 EJA: So far, the team have won one and drawn one in the league this season. They were beaten in extra time in the cup by Ware EJA, the team were very unlucky. Alarms were set off in their first game of the season at Clarence Park!
Any other business
- Sam Mardle, the new Chair of Trustees, thanked Rob Baker for all the hard work that he's put in so far as treasurer of the club. Sam is hoping that everything has settled down and started well at Samuel Ryder. He is having a meeting on Wednesday with Nicholas Breakspear to discuss future plans and will try to be around during club events to support.
The next meeting is on Sunday 4th November 2018