Please find below a short summary of the situation at present following the Government placing London and certain local authorities in Hertfordshire in Tier 3 on Monday 14th December.
- Grassroots games for Youth footballers up to and including U18 & Disability/Inclusive Football ( all ages) can continue across both Tier 2 and Tier 3. Tiers can be crossed and travel can take place.
- This includes players, coaches and ‘volunteers’ . In this context we believe a parent safely transporting a player to and from a venue is a ‘volunteer’.
- SACY remains based in Tier 2, therefore there are no changes to our Guidance and procedures in terms of training. Moreover players who live in or travel from Tier 3 can be transported to and attend training in the normal way.
- At present the Club are following FA and DCMS Guidelines for matches. Therefore matches can be played across both Tier 2 and 3.
Notwithstanding all of the above the Welfare of our Players, Coaches, Managers, Volunteers and their families is and will remain the Club’s number one priority.
If you, as coaches and managers, have welfare concerns and do not wish to fulfil a fixture this weekend the Club will support this.
If you do decide not to fulfil a fixture please remember to;
- Consult with and advise your League.
- Consult with and advise your opponents.
- Advise your referee.
- Advise Ian Woods as Club Secretary of all of the details of your fixture. firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair COVID-19 Committee,
St Albans City Youth FC.